1. Whilst potatoes are boiling, heat up oil in a skillet and increase leeks and jalapeños at medium-higher warmth. Stir once in a while right until leeks and jalapeños are smooth.
2. Insert sausage to skillet and brown. I employed sausages that ended up previously cooked so this was just to get a sear on them and mix in flavors.
3. The moment potatoes are prepared, drain and place back in the pot. Include salt, pepper, thyme, and cumin and mash.
4. Add leek and sausage combination and mix effectively. Include salt and pepper to style.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray your muffin tin generously with spray oil.
2. Make positive your pie crust is practically at place temperature – a bit chilled will make it less complicated to function with. Evenly flour a clean up area and roll out the dough.
3. Working with a knife, roughly reduce out a 6″- 7″ circle. Area it into one of the muffin tin openings making sure not to poke holes in the dough as you frivolously push it down into the condition. You should really have ample further dough flapping more than the edge of the opening so that it reaches the center place of the pocket pie when folded.
4. Fill the dough with 3 tablespoons of filling. It need to go the top edge of the muffin tin. Make a hole in the center of the filling and incorporate 1 teaspoon of goat cheese.
5. Now for the folding. Sense free of charge to experiment with your have method but here’s exactly where I landed soon after demo and mistake. Gently fold the dough around so 1 point meets the heart of the filling. Really do not pull the dough as it probably is finding tender and will probable tear if you do. Generate a pleat by pinching the dough to the remaining of the region that is currently touching the dough. Take the pleat and fold it down. Repeat this stage likely clockwise. You really should finish up with overlapping pleats that at some point near up the pocket pie. Here’s a bao folding tutorial that has action by step shots.
6. Repeat techniques 1-5 for each pocket pie.
7. Put muffin tin in the oven for 30-40 minutes or till the dough is golden brown and flaky.
8. Use a butter knife to gently dislodge the pocket pies from the muffin tin. They really should rotate and appear out easily if the dough is completely ready and no filling spilled out.
9. Permit awesome and wrap in foil.