The frenzied, hysterical Russia narrative being promoted working day in and working day out by western mass media has had two of its main stories ripped to shreds in the last 3 days…
A report seeded throughout the mainstream media by nameless intelligence officers back again in September claimed that US authorities employees in Cuba had endured concussion-like mind harm after listening to bizarre noises in houses and accommodations with the most likely offender being “sophisticated microwaves or a different variety of electromagnetic weapon” from Russia. A recording of a person this kind of remarkably subtle assault was analyzed by experts and turned out to be the mating get in touch with of the male indies short-tailed cricket. Neurologists and other mind specialists have challenged the assert that any US federal government personnel experienced any neurological destruction of any sort, saying check success on the alleged victims have been misinterpreted. The precise story, when stripped of hyperventilating Russia worry, is that some governing administration workers heard some crickets in Cuba.
Yet another report which dominated news headlines all of yesterday claimed that previous Trump campaign supervisor Paul Manafort (the identical Paul Manafort who the Guardian falsely claimed met with Julian Assange in the Ecuadorian embassy) had shared polling information with a Russian associate and requested him to pass it together to Oleg Deripaska, who is generally labeled a “Russian oligarch” by western media. The polling info was generally community by now, and the relaxation was just more polling facts shared in the spring of 2016, but Deripaska’s involvement had Russiagaters burning the midnight oil with breathless excitement. Talking Points Memo’s Josh Marshall went so considerably as to publish an posting titled “The ‘Collusion’ Debate Finished Past Night”, substantiating his click on-making headline with the claim that “What’s crystal crystal clear is that the transfer to Kilimnik came with express recommendations to give the facts to Deripaska. And that’s enough.”
Apart from Manafort did not give any explicit recommendations to share the polling information with Deripaska, but with two Ukrainian oligarchs (who are denying it).
Aw, shucks. Well at the very least the new names are also sophisticated and Slavic, so readers can nonetheless draw their most popular sinister inferences https://t.co/1NPNC5EN4mpic.twitter.com/P2dhAN8eQg
— Michael Tracey (@mtracey) January 9, 2019
These are just the hottest in a long, ongoing pattern of horrible mass media debacles as reporters eager to reveal their unquestioning fealty to the US-centralized empire drop all over themselves to report any story that will make Russia seem undesirable with no working towards due diligence. The only voices who have been questioning the institution Russia narrative that is currently being fed to mass media shops by secretive government businesses have been individuals which the mass media refuses to system. Choice media retailers are the only main platforms for dissent from the licensed narratives of the plutocrat-owned political/media course.
Consider, then, how disastrous it would be if these last strongholds of skepticism and keeping electricity to account had been eradicated from the media landscape. Well, which is particularly what a shady firm identified as NewsGuard is hoping to do, with some results by now.
A new report by journalist Whitney Webb for MintPress News details how NewsGuard is operating to conceal and demonetize option media shops like MintPress, advertising alone specifically to tech organizations, social media platforms, libraries and educational institutions. NewsGuard is led by some of the most virulently pro-imperialist individuals in The united states, and its agenda to shore up narrative regulate for the ruling electricity institution is obvious.
Unique: As Newsguard’s venture developments, it will before long grow to be almost unachievable to avoid this neocon-authorised news site’s position programs on any technological gadget marketed in the United States. @_whitneywebbhttps://t.co/ftH6QnVlDn
— MintPress News (@MintPressNews) January 9, 2019
The solution which NewsGuard marketplaces to the common general public is a browser plugin which advises on-line media customers no matter whether a information media outlet is honest or untrustworthy dependent on a system with a very professional-establishment bias which sees outlets like Fox News and the US propaganda outlet Voice of The united states obtaining reliable ratings when shops like RT get extremely small ratings for trustworthiness. This plugin dominates the bulk of what arrives up when you get started looking into NewsGuard, but circulating a plugin which particular person net buyers can voluntarily download to support their rulers manage their minds is not one of the additional nefarious agendas getting pursued by this firm. The full MintPress article gives a comprehensive breakdown of the yucky issues NewsGuard has its fingers in, but here’s a summary of five of its extra disturbing revelations:
1. The business has made a services referred to as BrandGuard, billed as a “brand protection resource aimed at supporting advertisers keep their models off of unreliable news and details sites while offering them the assurance they will need to aid countless numbers of Inexperienced-rated [i.e., Newsguard-approved] information and details web pages, big and modest.” Popularizing the use of this company will assault the advertising income of unapproved alternative media outlets which operate ads. NewsGuard is aggressively advertising and marketing this support to “ad tech firms, main agencies, and important advertisers”.
2. NewsGuard’s advisory board reads like the fellowships checklist of a neocon believe tank, and in fact just one of its CEOs, Louis Gordon Crovitz, is a Council on Overseas Relations member who has labored with the American Organization Institute and Heritage Foundation. Customers of the advisory board involve George W Bush’s Secretary of Homeland Stability Tom Ridge, deep intelligence neighborhood insider Michael Hayden, and the Obama administration’s Richard Stengel, who when publicly supported the require for domestic propaganda in the US. All of these men have appeared in influential feel tanks geared towards putting a public smiley facial area on sociopathic warmongering agendas.
At a Council on International Relations forum about “fake news,” former Editor at Time Journal Richard Stengel specifically states that he supports the use of propaganda on American citizens – then shuts the session down when challenged about how propaganda is utilised in opposition to the 3rd planet pic.twitter.com/ClAT5POv7G
— William Craddick (@williamcraddick) May perhaps 11, 2018
3. Regardless of 1 of its standards for trustworthy sources currently being regardless of whether or not they are clear about their funding, the details of NewsGuard’s financing is kept solution.
4. NewsGuard is also arranging to get its news-ranking technique integrated into social media shops like Facebook and Twitter, pursuing a partnership which will make professional-institution media intake a part of your working experience at those web pages irrespective of no matter whether or not you down load a NewsGuard application or plugin.
5. NewsGuard marketplaces itself to state governments in order to get its plugin installed in all of that state’s public universities and libraries to hold internet customers from consuming unauthorized narratives. It has now succeeded in accomplishing this in the state of Hawaii, with all of its library branches now managing the NewsGuard plugin.
We could be completely certain that NewsGuard will keep on offering a optimistic, dependable rating to the New York Times no subject how numerous magnificent flubs it can make in its protection of the institution Russia narrative, since the agenda to popularize anti-Russia narratives strains up properly with the neoconservative, govt company-serving agendas of the powers guiding NewsGuard. Any endeavor to advance the hegemony of the US-centralized electrical power establishment will be rewarded by its lackeys, and any skepticism of it will be punished.
Whoever controls the narrative controls the globe. Ruling power’s need to regulate people’s accessibility to facts is so determined that it has turn into as clumsy and ham-fisted as a teen pawing at his date in the back seat of a auto, and it feels about as satisfying. They are scarcely even concealing their need to management our minds anymore, so it should not be too difficult to wake absolutely everyone up to their manipulations. We need to have to use each individual inch of our ability to talk with each individual other in advance of it gets shut down for good.
* * *
The best way to get all around the web censors and make absolutely sure you see the things I publish is to subscribe to the mailing listing for my site, which will get you an electronic mail notification for every thing I publish. My content articles are solely reader-supported, so if you liked this piece be sure to contemplate sharing it close to, liking me on Fb, next my antics on Twitter, throwing some revenue into my hat on Patreon or Paypal, buying some of my sweet new goods, buying my new book Rogue Nation: Psychonautical Adventures With Caitlin Johnstone, or my prior book Woke: A Subject Manual for Utopia Preppers.