Err on the side of caution, go in a relatively protected direction when given a decision. “it is better for a specialist to decide in favor alert and follow the most prohibitive perspective on the law”.
Read More: Midsomer murders season 20 episode 2
“If you suspect the email could be legitimate, air on the side of caution anyway.” It’s an error of course, not an airor. The expression is err on the side of caution. Air and err are two homonyms that someone mixed up.
Why do we say err on the side of caution?
To err on the side of caution is to choose to be as cautious as to be sure to always be cautious enough, so when uncertain, rather be too much cautious than too little. It has to do with increasing the likelihood of success or safety.
How do you use err on the side of caution in a sentence?
Err-on-the-side-of-caution sentence example
- We tend to err on the side of caution to protect the integrity of the system.
- The system will always err on the side of caution .
- If you find yourself being seduced by lotions and potions claiming to reduce cellulite, err on the side of caution .
How do you use err in a sentence?
- Men always did and always will err , and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong.
- * To err is human.
- The system will always err on the side of caution.
- However, it is always best to err on the side of conservatism when choosing women’s holiday clothes.
How do you use the word err?
Err in a Sentence 🔉
- Because Jason does not want to err on his test, he carefully reads all the questions before answering them.
- The pharmacist carefully fills prescriptions so she will not err and harm a patient.
- When I err, I try to learn from my mistakes.